Much awaited IPL 2022 mega auction to be held in next year January 2022 according to sources. All players from worldwide and domestic are ready for mega auction 2022. Before going to IPL mega auction 2022, maximum 4 players are allowed to retained for existed 8 teams. Retention list to be submitted before 30 November 2022.
RENTETION RULE FOR IPL MEGA AUCTION 2022.
BCCI informed to all 10 teams regarding retention rule for IPL mega auction 2022. Alloted budget for lucknow and Ahmedabad fransize will be 33 Cr. They will have chance to retain three players from 1 Dec to 25 Dec. IPL mega auction 2022 will be held after 25 December to early January 2022 as per sources. Rules are as follows:
- Every team has whopping 90 Cr purse.
- Rule for 4 players retention 42 Cr will be deducted.
- 16 Cr, 12 Cr, 8 Cr, 4 Cr will be deducted for the first, second, third and fourth player respectively.
- Rule for 3 players retention 33 Cr will be deducted.
- 15 Cr, 11 Cr, 7 Cr will be deducted for the first, second, third player respectively.
- Rule for 2 players retention 24 Cr will be deducted.
- 14 Cr and 10 Cr will be deducted for first and second player respectively.
- No right to match (RTM) is allowed this year.
Its now interesting to see how many players will be retained by teams and how will they managed their remaining purse.
First match of IPL 2022
As the IPL dates come closer, fans are excited for the first match of the IPL. As per past history of IPL, First match was between last season champion and runner up.
Hence, first match of IPL 2022 will be in between 4 times winner and current champion, Chennai Super Kings (CSK ) and 5 times winner and current runner up Mumbai Indians (MI). This match will be held on Chennai super kings home ground M.A. Chidambaram stadium, Chennai. It is noted that there is a chance of rise in corona cases in India. therefore, IPL may be shifted to previous hosting country i.e. UAE. and home ground for all teams may be changed.
While final match will be held in M.A. Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai if it happens in India.